Crisanta LS (Drospirenone + Ethinylestradiol) Dosage Information
What is CRISANTS-LS?
CRISANTA-LS is a birth control pill, containing two hormones drospirenone and ethinyl oestradiol, that is used for the prevention of pregnancy.
How do I Start the First Pack of CRISANTS-LS?
CRISANTA-ls is available in a 24 pill pack. Begin taking CRISANTA-LS from the pill marked ‘START’ on the day instructed by your doctor.
How do I Take CRISANTS-LS?
- The dosage of CRISANTA-LS is one pill daily for 24 days starting from the pill marked ‘START’.
- Follow the arrows and take the pills for 24 days till the last pill marked ‘FINISH’.
- Do not take any pill for the next 4 days marked ‘NO PILL’. Your periods will occur within 3 days after you stop taking the pills.
- The next pack of CRISANTA-LS should be started after the 4 ‘NO PILL’ days.
- Take the pill at the same time every day, preferably after dinner or before going to bed.
Do I Have to Take CRISANTS-LS Every Day?
Yes. for CRISANTA-LS to be effective, it has to be taken daily at a time convenient to you. It does not matter at what time of the day it is taken, but once selected, it should be taken as near as possible at the same time each day.
How do I Remember to Take My Pill Every Day?
Taking CRISANTA-LS on the same time every day is very important. To remember taking CRISANTA-LS on time, you can do the following:
- Carry CRISANTA-LS in your purse/handbag
- Keep a spare strip of CRISANTA-LS to avoid missing a dose
- Keep CRISANTA-LS at a place where you can see it, e.g., next to your toothbrush
- Link the time of taking CRISANTA-LS to a daily activity, e.g., after dinner or before going to bed at night
What if I am Switching from a Different Contraceptive Method (E.G. Intrauterine Contraceptive, Vaginal Ring, Injection, Transdermal Patch, Etc.) to CRISANTS-LS?
If you are switching from another pill, CRISANTA-LS should be started on the same day that a new pill pack would have been started.
What if I am Switching From a Different Contraceptive Pill to CRISANTS-LS?
If you are switching from -
- A transdermal patch or vaginal ring, CRISANTA-LS should be started when the next application would have been due.
- An injection, CRISANTA-LS should be started when the next dose would have been due.
- An intrauterine contraceptive or an implant, CRISANTA-LS should be started on the day of removal.
What Should I do if I Miss a Pill?
If you miss a pill and it is -
- Contraception, use a barrier method of contraception also (e.g. condom) for the next 7 days.
- Any other reason and are sexually active, use a barrier method of contraception also (e.g. condom) for the next 7 days.
What if I Experience Bleeding Between Periods?
Bleeding between periods is common and is experienced by many women. If you experience this, check if you have missed a pill or you have not taken the pill at the same time every day as these may be the reasons for bleeding between periods. If you are taking your pills regularly, the occurrence will decrease as you continue taking CRISANTA-LS.
What if I Experience Nausea and Vomiting While on CRISANTS-LS?
If you experience nausea and vomiting, take CRISANTA-LS preferably after dinner, before going to bed.
When will I Get My Periods after Taking the Last Pill?
You will usually get your periods within 3 days following the last pill. If you have not adhered to the dosing schedule, like you have missed one or more pills or started taking them on a day later than you should have, the possibility of pregnancy should be considered at the time of the first missed period and you should consult your doctor.
Can I Take CRISANTS-LS if I am on Other Medications or Suffering From Some Illness?