Each capsule contains:
Hydroxyurea USP …......... 500 mg
Approved colours used in empty capsule
- Melanoma, resistant chronic myelocytic leukemia, and recurrent, metastatic, or inoperable carcinoma of the ovary
- Concomitantly with irradiation therapy in the local control of cervical cancer and primary squamous cell (epidermoid) carcinomas of the head and neck, excluding the lip
- Intermittent Therapy: 80 mg/kg administered orally as a single dose every third day
- Continuous Therapy: 20 to 30 mg/kg administered orally as a single dose daily
- Concomitant Therapy with Irradiation: Carcinoma of the head and neck 80 mg/kg administered orally as a single dose every third day
Resistant Chronic Myelocytic Leukemia
Continuous therapy (20-30 mg/kg administered orally as a single dose daily)
- Marked bone marrow depression, i.e., leucopenia (<2500 WBC) or thrombocytopenia (<100,000), or severe anaemia.
- Previous hypersensitivity to hydroxyurea or any other component of its formulation.
Bone marrow suppression (leucopenia, anaemia, and thrombocytopenia), gastrointestinal symptoms (stomatitis, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation) and dermatological reactions (maculopapular rash, skin ulceration, dermatomyositis-like skin changes, peripheral and facial erythema)
Store in a cool dry place. Protect from moisture.
CYTODROX Capsules: Strip of 10 capsules
Last reviewed: May 2013