Do's and Don'ts for Contact Lens Users
Do's & Don'ts for Contact Lens Wearers
Do's in Contact Lens Handling
- Do clean your lenses in the palm of your hand instead of between your fingers.Clean from center to edge rather than in a circular motion.
- Do keep soft lenses moist to prevent tearing.
- Do add a rewetting drop before removing contact lenses.
- Do wet lenses with saline before picking them to prevent tearing.
- Do buy a case with ridges in the bowl and the lid to prevent suction of the lens to the case.
- Do insert lenses before applying cosmetics and remove lenses before removing cosmetics.
- Do follow your eye doctotr's intruction for lense care and use only the solutions recommended by your eye doctor.
- Do keep your contact lens case clean. Scrub lens case weekly with toothbrush and daily cleaner.
- Do carry a case with you with fresh solutions in it at all times.
- Do remove your lenses and consult your eye doctor, if you experience reddness, ithcing, irritation or pain.
Don'ts in Contact Lens Handling
- Do not touch the tip of your bottle with your finger tip or touch your eye with the bottle tip when instilling lubricating drops.
- Do not hold a lense by the edges. Hold it front to back.
- Do not share cosmetics.
- Do not use saliva to wet your lenses.
- Do not use cosmetics or contact lenses if your eye are irritated or red.
- Do not slide a lens acrros a flat surface.
- Do not apply cosmetics or lenses in a moving vehicle.
- Do not sleep with your lenses unless instructed by your eye doctor
Some Useful Tips While Handling Contact Lenses
- Always close the cap of the cleaning solution.
- Keep the cleaning solution in a cool and dark place.
- Do not swim wearing contact lenses.
- Never wear disposable lenses after expiry dates.
- Do not wear contact lenses while doing household cleaning.
Visit your Eye Doctor Regularly!