Do's and Don'ts of Foot Care for Diabetes
80% of cases heading towards diabetic infection are preventable
- Walk is the best form of exercise for your feet.
- Wear properly fitting and protective footwear.
- Use ice to treat an injury.
- Seek medical attention at the first sign of an injury or infection.
- Go barefoot. This increases the risk of injury and infection.
- Use heat or hot water to treat a foot or ankle injury.
- Wear heeled shoes that exceed two inches for extended periods of time.
- Remove calluses, corns or warts by yourself.