Acne vulgaris is associated with impaired water barrier function. These patients lack healthy, protective fats on the epidermal surface, whose function is to retain moisture in the skin and prevent transepidermal water loss(TEWL). Current acne treatment options can induce damage to the stratum corneum thereby increasing the transepidermal water loss. Dry skin and skin irritation are very important reason for nonadherence to acne treatment. Hence, nurturing the skin barrier in acne patients and keeping the skin properly hydrated is essential.
Barrier repair therapy with the use of specific emollient/moisturising products will prevent skin barrier alteration, reduce the frequency and intensity of anti-acne-specific treatments cutaneous side effects, improve patient adherence to drug treatment.
EXCELA is a moisturiser for oily and acne prone skin. It has following benefits:
- Recreates skin’s own natural moisture by supporting the water and lipid balance in epidermis
- Reduces sebum production
It is available in bottle of 50g.
EXCELA is a moisturiser for oily and acne prone skin. The key ingredients are:
Myristyl malate phosphonic acid, glycerine, Enantia chlorantha extract and oleanolic acid niacinamide, zinc PCA and magnesium aspartate (and) zinc gluconate (and) copper gluconate
EXCELA has following benefits:
- Recreates the skin’s own natural moisture by supporting the water and lipid balance in epidermis.
- Reduces sebum production by inhibiting multiplication of sebum producing cells.
- Moisturises skin along with reducing shininess and pore size.
- Fragrance free and Paraben free
- Shake the EXCELA air-less pump before use.
- Dispense 1 g of EXCELA by a single press on the palm.
- Apply liberally on face and massage gently for 30 seconds.
- Use morning after bath and night before bedtime
EXCELA is available in bottle of 50g.
Last updated: April 2018
Last reviewed: July 2019