- Dandruff is aggravated during monsoon; this is the time when even slightest of the infection can get serious. The dampness in hair and scalp is a breathing ground for fungi and bacteria.
- Monsoon also brings in other hair problems like stickiness,limpness, and greasiness.
- Besides this hair fall and frizzy hair arealso common in monsoon.
- Use an anti-dandruff shampoo prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash your hair every time you get wet in the rain to keep your hair clean.
- After every wash, apply a conditioner to prevent the hair from becoming frizzy.
- Brush and comb gently, so as not to cause scalp damage.
- Opt for a hot oil massage at least once in a week. This will improve the sluggish blood circulation and stimulate the scalp, leading to healthy hair.
- Avoid any other hot hair treatment, like hot towel treatment etc.
- Preferably, avoid a hair dryer.
- Cut down on styling and styling products, as they may also attract dirt and grime during monsoons.
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily.
- Eat a protein-rich diet including plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your meals.