Tips to Avoid Fungal Infections
- Keep your skin and feet clean and dry.
- Shampoo regularly, especially after haircuts.
- Avoid sharing clothes, towel, hairbrushes, combs, headgear, or other personal hygiene items. And after use, be sure to thoroughly clean and dry it.
- Wear sandals or shoes at gyms, locker rooms, and public pools.
- Also, avoid tight footwear. It’s best to wear breathable shoes or sandals, if weather permits. Dust an antifungal powder into your shoes in the summertime.
- Wear clean, cotton or wool socks. Change them daily or more frequently if they get damp. Don’t wear socks made of synthetic materials.
- Keep your toenails clean and clipped short.
- Keep your skin around the genitals clean and dry. Choose loose-fitting underwear.
- If you're susceptible to jock itch, consider applying antifungal powders after bathing.
Fungal infections of the skin are very common and include athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infections. It can be easily acquired from the surroundings or from infected individuals. Here are few tips on how fungal infections can be avoided.