- Keep your skin and feet clean and dry.
- Shampoo regularly, especially after haircuts.
- Avoid sharing clothes, towel, hairbrushes, combs, headgear, or other personal hygiene items. And after use, be sure to thoroughly clean and dry it.
- Wear sandals or shoes at gyms, locker rooms, and public pools.
- Also, avoid tight footwear. It’s best to wear breathable shoes or sandals, if weather permits. Dust an antifungal powder into your shoes in the summertime.
- Wear clean, cotton or wool socks. Change them daily or more frequently if they get damp. Don’t wear socks made of synthetic materials.
- Keep your toenails clean and clipped short.
- Keep your skin around the genitals clean and dry. Choose loose-fitting underwear.
- If you're susceptible to jock itch, consider applying antifungal powders after bathing.